It’s a common debate among window washers: should you clean windows in the rain? Some say it’s not worth the hassle since the rain will just make them dirty again. But others argue that the extra work is worth it because you can get a better clean when the water is washing away any grime or dirt on the window. So which is it? Is it better to clean windows in the rain or not?
What is the best time to clean windows?
Windows needed cleaning when they are covered in fingerprints, smudges, and dirt. While most people believe you only need to clean windows in sunny weather, this isn’t the case. In fact, you can clean windows in any weather, and each weather has its window cleaning challenges.
For instance, the sun’s heat can dry the cleaning solution too quickly, leaving streaks on the windows. Also, the sun can create glare, making it difficult to see the dirt and grime on the windows.
On rainy days, you need to be careful of the rainwater. If it’s raining too hard, the water can run down the window and onto the ground, taking the dirt and grime with it. This can leave streaks on the windows. Also, if you’re using a power washer, be careful of the pressure, as it can break the sealant around the window.
Basically, you can clean your windows anytime. However, the signs that you need window cleaning can vary depending on the type of windows you have. For example, if you have stained glass windows, you will need to clean them more often to maintain their appearance. Some of the most common signs that windows need cleaning include:
- Dirt or dust accumulation
- Water spots or streaks
- Mold or mildew growth
- Window frames that are peeling or rotting
Cleaning Windows in the rain
Window cleaning is a chore that many people do not enjoy, but it has to be done. Unfortunately, some people try to wait until the sun shines to clean their windows because they believe cleaning windows in the rain does more harm than good.
As the leading window cleaning company, we are often asked if it’s good to do window cleaning in the rain. With years of experience in the service, our simple answer is YES. You should clean the windows in the rain! Here’s why:
- Rainwater is actually cleaner than tap water. It’s been filtered by the atmosphere and contains fewer impurities than water from your faucet. So, when you’re cleaning your windows with rain water, you’re actually getting a deeper clean.
- The rain can help you avoid streaks. When you wash your windows with a hose, the water pressure can cause streaks. But the water falls gently and evenly when it rains, helping you avoid those pesky streaks.
- Cleaning your windows in the rain can be therapeutic. Something about being out in the rain just makes you feel good. And when you’re feeling good, you’re more likely to do a better job cleaning your windows.
- You can get a head start on spring cleaning. If you wait until the weather is nice to clean your windows, you’ll be behind on your spring cleaning. But you’ll be ahead of the game if you clean them in the rain.
- It’s actually easier to clean windows in the rain. When it’s raining, the dirt and grime on your windows loosen, making them easier to wipe away.
Can you clean the windows in rain?
Many people ask us, “Can you clean exterior windows in the rain?” It’s actually common to see a Silverlight window cleaner doing his job while the rain pours. So, yes, we do window cleaning even when the weather does not permit it.
Cleaning windows in the rain is a bit more difficult because the water will streak the window and make it harder to see what you’re doing. In addition, the traditional way of cleaning windows makes the process even more complicated. However, it can be done if you’re willing to put in a little extra effort.
Don’t let a few dark clouds stop you from keeping your windows clean. Cleaning windows in the rain is possible, especially when you’re working with the best in window cleaning in Toronto. At Silverlight Windows, we provide professional window cleaning even in the rain! We have the proper equipment and safety gear to get the job done quickly and efficiently. If you’re not confident in your window cleaning abilities, contact us and we’ll be happy to help.